Monday 6 May 2024

Lunch at the gardens

 Yesterday dawned cool and crisp, just 5C when I climbed out of bed. A lovely sunny, autumn day but with a decided nip in the air. Just nice for a wander around the Botanic Gardens about lunch time.

If you zoom in you will see people sitting on benches enjoying the sun.

On Sunday my son usually takes me and a friend in to church but yesterday he and his wife were wanting to stay in town and do some shopping after the service. So my friend and I decided to take her car and go somewhere for lunch.

The rose gardens are getting a bit shabby.

We decided on the Gardens tea rooms as we were down that end of town anyway and parking wouldn't be such a problem as if we went into the CBD. After a nice relaxed lunch we decided to have a bit of a stroll around, it was such a nice day. 

Ducks on a small part of the pond.

We wandered through the tropical glasshouse, too hot in our winter coats and a relief to get back out into the cooler air :) Then through the rose gardens and past the duck pond. There were a lot of ducks around, maybe they knew it was the start of duck shooting season this weekend. Finally past the bandstand and the children's play area and it was up the hilly part to the car.

The children's play area.

I hope you've enjoyed this little stroll around a small part of the gardens with us. They really are rather lovely at any time of the year.

   We really enjoyed ourselves and have decided to have lunch out on a Sunday more often. 

Have a good week,

Diana





8 comments:

  1. That does sound like a lovely outing, Diana. I had a shudder thinking about your cold weather though. Much warmer up here, I'm thinking about getting out my winter clothes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church, friends, lunch and a garden to wander around - sounds great to me! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very nice day! Your photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to enjoy lunch. You have fall and winter to look forward to and here I'm anxious for spring to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. What a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Sunday with a friend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been a good Sunday as your friend came with you and you had lunch and a walk around the Botanic Garden and park.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy a good walk around gardens especially those that still have colour during Winter. At the moment my roses still have the odd flowers on them and my Freesia bulbs are starting to come up

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you