Friday 3 May 2024

Briefly - feijoas.



Picture taken from the internet.

  Everyone who commented on my last post asked about feijoas, so briefly, here is an explanation from one of my earlier posts.

Windfalls from the neighbour's tree which overhangs our drive.

'Apparently feijoas taste a little like pineapple, but it's not like any pineapple I've ever tasted. Wikipedia says it is a type of guava native to South America. I think it is an acquired taste, unless you grow up eating it, which I didn't. I do enjoy it a little more each time I have it though'. 

They are ready to eat when they fall. The photo above is from a previous year. Although they are ready further north we are still waiting, our season seems to be later in the year. 

So that's it ... briefly.

Enjoy your weekend,

Diana

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation. I will just think of them as a type of guava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I didn't realize you'd gotten back to blogging. Never heard of feijoas but know guavas. We used to drink guava juice when we lived in the Philippines for 5 years when I was very young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents use to have a hedgerow of these in a house I lived in when I was growing up, they were yummy to eat, these days I don't have them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our feijoa tree has about finished now. It had a good crop this year and we have really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you