Sunday 28 April 2024

Diggers Tavern for lunch

Today our daughter in law shouted us out for lunch. So at midday we presented ourselves at Diggers Tavern which was formerly the RSA (Returned Services Association), and were shown to our table.


 Spitfire Restaurant was looking good with the tables set nicely, a table for two for us :) My GKB is looking a bit solemn but he was enjoying himself. The entertainment hadn't yet started.


There was only one course but it was well worth the money and filled us, so just a snack for tea tonight. We both ordered crumbed Schnitzel with gravy, chips and green salad. We managed to eat it all but I noticed some people took doggy bags home. And we didn't have to wait long for it, it was on the table about 10 minutes after ordering.


I'm also looking a bit serious but was distracted by the entertainers arriving. To eat or to watch them setting up? Eating won out :)


A lady I've known for about 30 years played background music while were dining. She is a beautiful pianist but unfortunately she was on a keyboard today and it sounded bit tinny but no one seemed to mind. It was also a little hard to hear her over all the background chatter, but that's a good thing - chatter usually means people are enjoying themselves in my experience.

Tea, coffee or something cold from the bar was available after the meal. I'm a tea drinker and my GKB went and got our drinks. He ordered me Earl Grey tea, not my favourite but I didn't mind today.


And then the Rhythmix started their turn. It was a wonderful hour and a half of 60's music, the Beatles, Beachboys and the like. Tom Jones. A bit of a singalong and finishing off with Vera Lynne's 'We'll meet again'.
 

We had a lovely time out and grateful thanks to daughter in law Sofi.

********
And just because I can, a photo of two of the great grandkids with feijoas the neighbour has just given them. Alice and Sitiveni.



That's it for today, 
until next time,

Diana


4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the entertainment after the meal. I have not heard of feijoas. I'll have to go and look that up. Lovely photo of the grandies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really wonderful time! Sounds like a lot of fun. I would've loved the music too! Not sure what feijoas are? Have to look them up. Sweet great grands! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time... and that looks like a lot of food. DH and I share a lot when out these days as it seems that our appetite's have gotten smaller as we age. I love tea, but am not fond of Earl Grey either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this blog post Diana. Going out to a restaurant is a treat. I like the idea that you were entertained by music as you ate your meal. Your photo of your grand children holding the feijoas is sweet. I'm guessing they are a sort of fruit? I shall look up some information on the subject.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you