Sunday 10 January 2016

Claude



We went out this morning and found our old cat Claude had died in the night. He was 17. He had been failing in the last couple of weeks and we had just decided last night that the good thing to do was to have him put down. He didn't give us time and we found him lying in the sun on the back lawn when we went out early this morning. He was always an outside cat and had only just begun coming indoors in the last year, having discovered beds and couches and cushions. We buried him in the back garden and will put a stone over him as well so we know where he is, and so we can show our eldest grandson, who he really belonged to. 
We are a little sad today so this is just a short post.


Diana

11 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, I am so sorry about dear Claude. Our pets become so precious to us and I know there will be a hole in your heart that sweet Claude filled. Thinking of you, dear friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I know you will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Goodness, Having just lost Watson at 17, aggressive bone cancer, I can't understand the pain and sadness.
    I still hear Watson walking in the house sometimes but not as much as before.

    Thinking of you, gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Diana. It is sad to lose a furry friend. I lost my dog and cat both in the same year (2010). I have new little friends (another dog and cat) but I sure do miss Doc and Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for you losing your kitty,Diana. My cat is 9and a half and has always been an outdoor cat also. But last fall we brought him inside. Now that we have moved to a new place he isn't familiar with, he'll stay inside with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always so sad to lose a animal i have experienced so many times...im so sorry its nice you were able to burry him at home, much love dearest. Hugs for a cumpfy day.. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pet is a member of the family so a sad loss to endure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, dear Diana! I am SO terribly sorry for you, dear friend. I know you will miss your precious Claude, and I do pray that God will comfort your dear hearts at this sad time. I am so thankful God made the decision, and you didn't have to do what you thought you may have to. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet cat. I pray that God will comfort your hearts and fill you with precious memories of Claude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sorry for your loss Diana - but gosh the old fella had a great innings. He was truly lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you