Tuesday 8 September 2015

Roses , roses, roses...and ginger?

Not a lot has been happening so I thought I'd just show you
 a couple of things from my china cabinet.
They all have roses on them, hence the title :)


This cake plate was a wedding present
but sad to say it has never been used.
By the time I figured out how to put it together,
 posh afternoon teas were a thing of the past :(


But all is not lost, 
I am thinking about doing a posh afternoon tea
 for Mum for her birthday.
I think I will just invite the girls in the family as
 I can't really see the blokes sitting down with
 fine china and crooking their little finger, while making polite conversation - it would more likely be grunts - but who knows.
The plate is made by Old Foley


This little cake plate, creamer and sugar bowl 
were also wedding presents. They are so pretty.
I love them and will get them out 
for little mothers' birthday as well.
These are also Old Foley. 


And this gorgeous trio by Royal Vale was given to me
 but I don't recall when or by whom.
I think it is so elegant and look forward
 to drinking some Darjeeling out of it.
 Now that is really being posh :)

****************
Now you might wonder what this has
 to do with ginger and I have to say ... nothing.
About a month ago someone asked me how I made my hot ginger drink and I've been meaning to get round to telling.
It is not hard.

Get some fresh ginger root. 
Chop/slice it quite small and put in a pot. 
You don't need to peel the ginger but make sure it is clean.
Cover with water and bring to the boil.
Turn down but keep the water simmering for an hour.
Remove the ginger, cool the juice and put into a bottle or jar. 
Use the same way as a cordial i.e. pour a small amount into a cup or mug and fill with hot/boiling water.
Sweeten with honey if you want or put a slice of lemon in.
(I have a friend who throws this ginger into her corned beef 
while it is cooking but I haven't tried that yet).
Great in the winter and marvellous for circulation. 
You can research the benefits of it online if you want.

Now the only thing this ginger drink has in common with the top part of this post is that I have a favourite mug 
to drink it from and it is Arthouse bone china. 


A bit more modern than the other pieces 
but nice to drink from all the same.


joining Stephanie at:

****************
I hope you've all had a great week. 
Until next time, 
Diana

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Roses! Love all the different pieces to your china collection. Love Ginger Tea too. Very good for digestion and tummy troubles. Wishing you a very happy Tea Party. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I love seeing your china!! And a tea party for your little mother will be so special!! We have a fall tea that we drink here in the south in the fall and winter..it is called Russian Spiced Tea for some reason but it is mainly tea, orange, cinnamon and clove. It is yummy on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous China pieces, Diana, and they will make for a lovely tea party for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty china! I take ginger for queasiness- works like a charm every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, first of all, these china pieces are absolutely beautiful! Such a soft, lovely patterns. Secondly, I have never had ginger to drink...probably the only way I have eaten it as a spice in baked goods...sounds interesting though. This a was a fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful china pieces. Hope you do get to have a 'ladies tea' for your mother, and use these pretty items. Ginger is good for lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful china. I think a posh tea sounds like a wonderful idea for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful rose china patterns is perfect for birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely rose teacup, saucer and cake plate. I love teacups! Yours is so pretty!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do roses on anything, especially teacups! Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely rose China pieces Diana. It will be wonderful if you finally get to use your beautiful cake plate for your mom's birthday tea party.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Diana, your rose china pieces are simply lovely! Roses and tea cups - a perfect combination :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tea tastes better from a china cup and my mother just wouldn't have it any other way. High tea is very much in vogue these days. Many of the posher restaurants use a cake stand similar to yours so you are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tea tastes better from a china cup and my mother just wouldn't have it any other way. High tea is very much in vogue these days. Many of the posher restaurants use a cake stand similar to yours so you are in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diana, what beautiful china. Love the design and the delicate shape. I always enjoy a trio set like this too. Your tiered cake stand is beautiful. I have not tried the ginger tea. Thank you for sharing.
    Wishing you a great weekend. cm

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some beautiful rose china, thanks for showing it here and enjoy your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I'm visiting from Karen's blog (Flamingo K). Karen and I have been friends since grade school. Love her to pieces! I see a couple of other connections we share in your comments here. I enjoyed your post. Your china is lovely and I do think a girls tea to celebrate a special lady's birthdays sounds like a fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice collection of roses. My mom had a cake plate similar to your tiered one. I have a rose tea set that was my great grandmas but haven't used it in a long time. Your ginger drink sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The ginger drinks sounds refreshing. I have a little plate like you have your creamer and sugar on. It's beautiful as all of your lovely china. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never heard of that ginger drink but it sounds lovely and lovelier from your special mug.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your post today. The ginger title was perfect. I think your tea will be wonderful to celebrate a birthday. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your beautiful rose teacups are just waiting for a tea party! I really like your tiered cake plate. I use mine for cookies at times when I have friends over for just for tea. The patterns on your Old Foleys are so classic and beautiful. I've never seen a plate like that before. The ginger tea looks tasty and good for an upset stomach. Happy Tea Week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My ! I sure enjoyed reading this post Diana,how lovely Your china is and so interesting the ginger tea is. Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh My ! I sure enjoyed reading this post Diana,how lovely Your china is and so interesting the ginger tea is. Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  25. Diana - I don't believe it. I have lots of pretty china like that, and I have an EXACT copy of that cake stand!! What are the chances of that happening. Vintage cake stands have become very popular over here again for the past couple of years. Well I never!!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you