Tuesday 30 June 2015

A Daybook entry...

Not a lot has been happening this week, it's just been one of those ho hum weeks. 
Not that I want a lot of drama, ho hum is good occasionally.
So this week I thought I might join in with 



So let's get going.

For Today - 30th June, 2015

 Outside my window... the sun has just set, it is dark and cloudy
 with a tinge of red across the top of the hills
and a cool breeze is blowing. The street lights are on.

I am thinking... it's time I went out to the kitchen
and dried the tea dishes and put them away in the cupboards.

I am thankful... my house is warm, dry and mostly weather proof.
I'm pleased we got the insulation in before the cold of this winter arrived.

I am wearing... blue jeans, blue long sleeved tee shirt,
 bright red socks and white sneakers.

I am creating... I'm not creating anything as such
but I am trying to put together a jigsaw belonging to my daughter.
It is a snow scene and apart from sunlight on a misty mountain
 it is shades of blue, white and grey.


 I think it will take me the rest of the winter!

I am going... to take a break and make a hot ginger drink.

I am wondering... whether writing this piece on Tuesday evening
 is okay because even though it is Monday in the US
it is Tuesday evening in my neck of the woods?

I am reading... Unafraid by Francine Rivers. 
I have only just begun it and so far am enjoying it.
It is one of five novellas telling the story of five women from the bible.
This one is about Mary the mother of Jesus.
I have already read one of the others and found it quite intriguing
 even though it was a fictional account based on the bible telling of the story.

I am hoping... the next few days stay nice and sunny
and we have a little bit of warmth in the sun.
And that the wind stops blowing up from the Antarctic. Please.

I am learning... to live a contented life post retirement :)

In my garden...The jonquils are through the ground
 and beginning to make a bright show along the front of the house.


Otherwise it is in its dormant state as it is winter 'down under'.

In my kitchen... I have a bench covered in feijoas ready to bag up
 and take down to the church for whoever wants them.
I'm the only one here who eats them and
there are far too many for me. All windfalls.



A favourite quote for today... a hand up is better than a handout.
I have no idea who said it originally but I think it is a good philosophy.

A peek into one of my days... What did I do today?
It was sunny skies and a good wind so the beds were
changed and washing all hung on the line to dry.
I picked up my friend and we went around to my mother's
 house for lunch and to watch a devotional video with her.
Then everyone piled into the car and away we headed to do the weekly grocery shop.
Back to my friends for a hot cuppa, dropped Mum off
with her shopping and then home again by about 4.00pm.
Cooked tea and cleaned up, husband is away out, I'm bathed and relaxing.
All is well.

One of my favourite things... a lovely hot bath on a cold winter's evening.

*************
I'm also joining Stephanie over at 
The Enchanting Rose for her weekly gathering:

That's it for this week folks.
Keep well 'til we meet again.
Diana


19 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well, Diana. Every day is a blessing, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Diana, oh I am delighted to have 'met' you through the sweet comment you left on my blog this lovely morning...

    I so enjoyed your post...lovely to take a peek into your life:). I have read all the beautiful novellas by Francine Rivers...Unafraid was probably my favourite, and I will admit that I cried through it...

    And I see you too are experiencing Winter! (I am South African, so chilly days have also arrived here...)

    Have a wonderful week further, Diane! I look forward to stoppong by again...

    Blessings,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! That jigsaw looks very difficult :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly enjoy reading your blogs. You bring a new meaning to everything around you. Thanks for sharing and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, I love those daybook posts. I think it really shows me who you are!( And you are just lovely by the way!). It is hard to think of it being cold where you are as it is so hot here right now. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this entry, Diana... simple and reflecting... like most of our lives in retirement. You live so far away in such a beautiful place that it seems strange that our days are actually similar (except that it is very hot here in Texas right now).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post so much. So glad you had time with your Mum. Here in Georgia, USA, we are in the extreme heat of summer. Lots of flowers blooming and thunderstorms! Your tea time sounds lovely. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Daybook. I enjoyed reading your lovely post. I am not the boss of anyone, but it is fine with me that you wrote your entry on Tuesdy where you live. It takes me everal days to visit every blogger, so I keep checking the list of who has posted. I am curious about what kind of ginger beverage you made and that puzzle looks difficult, but the image is beautiful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree! I love a nice hot bath at any time of year and then a fresh gown and clean sheets....ahhh! This makes me happy! Enjoy your week my friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these kinds of posts, a peek into your daily life. Sounds all comfortable and cozy and routine...which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your header! What a lovely view. I wish I had the patience for jig saw puzzles. My late husband loved them! have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post. Nothing better then cozy home goodness.
    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week.
    Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete
  14. A contented life - is there anything better? I think not! I am glad that you home is well insulated. I don't know how cold it gets there but I hope it isn't freezing. Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Diana; I really enjoyed reading your day life and sounds perfect♪  Oh, I've never seen the 'feijoas', haha, I'm the one who wants some of them. Almost all the Japanese DO LOVE hot bath♡♡♡
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in New Zealand, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my little friend from across the pond. I love to work jigsaw puzzles and got one and started it and then came the babies and little hands were getting the pieces and they were going all over the floor! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely post, my friend. It's truly a joy to read about your day and I appreciate the time you take to link up with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely day you have had, and now you can sit back and relax on your winter's evening (I'm very jealous! - still hot and humid over here). Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was such an interesting post. I really like the idea of the daybook as it is so important to reflect on our daily happenings. It helps me to be a more grateful person. I may have to start writing my own daybook. Your puzzle reminds me to start a new one we were given of photos of hundreds of labrador retrievers. Wow, your puzzle looks challenging.
    Stay warm and dry,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you