Saturday, 8 August 2026

Your new town - Tuesday 4

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 begun  by Toni Taddeo and kept up in her memory. We are so glad to have you joining in!   You can make your post as elaborate or as simple as you wish. The object really is to share with others.

This week let us talk about a new town/city/village that you are going to create.   It is brand new.

1.  You are establishing a new community.    Where will it be located? What will the surroundings be like? Describe the environment and the weather which you get to create.

Not too big or too small. Large enough to have all the shops and facilities that we need but small enough to have a community feel. It would definitely be located further north of here but I would like it to be near the sea or a lake so I could take walks on the beach. The weather would be temperate, not so cold it snows but not too hot either - but it's nice to experience all the seasons.

2.  You are in charge of naming this new town.   What will you call it and is it a town, village , city? Is it country, suburb or city? 

We're in a town and it would be named Mackburgh.

3.   What features will your new town have? Library? parks? restaurants?  Rural or metropolitan area?

My town is in a rural area but with access to a larger city and has good public transport for those times city visiting is necessary. There would definitely be a library, books are expensive to buy and childrens parks as well as spaces for teenagers to skate, bike or whatever. A couple of supermarkets and primary and secondary schools as well as daycare facilities for babies and the elderly. There would be motels and a hotel and of course a restaurant or two, most of us like to eat out occasionally.

4.  Your new town has a high school and it is your job to name it.  What name do you give it?

The high school is called The Aurora Secondary School and it's colours would be red and blue.



Join in the fun at Tuesday 4: Your New Town

And that's it for today. 
Keep well, and enjoy life.
 blessings
Diana



6 comments:

  1. I would like your town! What a fun thing to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this a long time ago... just for myself. It was a place online called Bailey's Cove. I lived on a cliff over the ocean in Maine... with 2 cats and a dog named Toby. The little town was close by... closer by rowboat. It was on a blog I called "In my mind's eye". Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like your idea of a town that's not too big and not too small, have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your town sounds good to me.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you for joining in! Your town sounds lovely! I would love to visit "your town", or even where you live now! Doubt I ever will travel that far, but it's a nice thought! I forgot to add a motel or hotel to my new town...but I'm thinking it would mostly have things like a B&B or some AirNb's (houses you can rent for your vacation that will hold the whole family). Those are very popular in the more mountainous regions. I hope you are having a lovely weekend...is it still winter there? I get confused with your seasons and ours. It's still summer here, but August is kind of the transitional month to make us think about fall coming and wishing for it to hurry up and get here! LOL. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you