It is a beautiful warm, blue sky day today. I went for a walk earlier before it got too hot but it was already 24 F by the time I got home. After lunch I thought I'd sit outside in a nice shady spot but unfortunately the wind spoilt things so I'm back inside.
A week or so after we came out of hospital we celebrated our youngest daughter's fiftieth birthday.
Her birthday had actually happened while we were in hospital so she decided to celebrate after we arrived home. Aaron and Sofi had also decided to come down from Auckland to visit us and so she put her party off until they arrived. She didn't want anything fancy, just dinner at home with her hubby and her brother and sister and their partners. She didn't think the kids would be interested but the boys had other ideas and turned up anyway, bearing gifts.
We went out shopping in the morning and bought her a nice present and some flowers. Jacqui and I had already wrapped a lot of silly and fun little presents for her and we bought a 50th helium balloon. One of the boys' girlfriends, baked a cake - decadent chocolate, yum. Very rich.
Vanessa had cooked a lovely roast meal and set it up as a buffet. Roast lamb and chicken with roast veges, peas and salads for those who preferred it. And new potatoes. We had fruit salad and jelly with cream and ice cream for dessert as well as the chocolate cake. At the end of the day there was enough left for us to bring some home for another meal.
And seeing as we were all together it was a good opportunity for a family photo, even if only two of the grands were there and one great grand.
It was a lovely day with the family, and we didn't have to do a thing. It does make me feel old though, knowing my baby is fifty :)
*****
As for our health, we are getting there slowly. Bob is doing remarkably well and has started doing some of the light chores around the place again. We are still waiting for a speech therapist to see him but at the moment he has a physio coming in to do exercises with him three times a week. I am starting back volunteering at the shop this week and I'm hoping I'll be cleared to drive again soon.
And that's it from me for today.
keep well,
Diana





No comments:
Post a Comment
please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you