Saturday 17 February 2024

Morning walk with Sassy

 Friday mornings are supposed to be reserved for youngest daughter and I to go to the gym. I say supposed to be because it doesn't always happen. Sometimes we go for a walk instead around the area she lives in. I enjoy that because it makes a change from my usual scenery and we take Sassy with us. Sometimes we don't make it at all.


In deference to me daughter drives us down the hill and we start lower down. We walk further downhill for a few more minutes until we come to town.


Keep going past the gym.


It's much nicer being outside on a day like this.

Then daughter says "do you want to keep going up there or go through the tunnel?" "Through the tunnel" says I.

So we walk on a little way, turn right and cross the bridge...


...go under another one and enter the tunnel.



There were some really rather nice murals painted on the walls but I never got a photo as it was too dim. Once through we're back in the sun and heading back towards the car.


From the tunnel to the car is a slight rise and I had to have a rest about halfway - I'm not as fit as I once was :) Of course when you have your four legged friend with you there is a lot of stopping to smell the ... flowers :) and we did a bit of that.

Once back at the house it was time for a drink and a catchup on family news. 

I always enjoy Friday mornings with my daughter.

Have a great weekend

Diana

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely walk. I'd much rather walk than go to the Gym. I too would pass right by it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Friday morning walk around your town. You even got perfect weather. Can't think of a better way to spend time with a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice walk !! your town is so nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, the blue bags in my picture are collecting sap to make maple syrup.
    I like your Friday walk!
    I also saw you are in a new church building. Our church went through the same thing for about 8 years, and there was such joy when we could meet in our own building!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you