Friday 23 February 2024

A party in the park.

Last Sunday afternoon my GKB and I went over to The Party in the Park. It was being held at a new venue this year, which is about half a kilometre  from home. Very handy :)


This is an annual event aimed at families and always well attended, but of course was interrupted by covid for a year or two but finally able to be held again.




 It was a hot, hot day, over 30C and we only stayed about half an hour. Most people were trying to stay out of the sun by keeping to the stalls, under the trees or under the shade sails that were scattered round about. It would have been nice to have had a water sprayer or two for people to  walk through :) But these are not normal temperatures for our part of the world and so no-one would have anticipated how hot it would be.


No one was taking advantage of the chairs in front of the sound stage but plenty of people under the trees to the side. 
There were all the usual types of craft stalls and food and drink trucks as well as service clubs advertising.


 There were bouncy castles and other fun activities for the kids including rides on the miniature railway. I was pleased I didn't have any little kids to contend with, I didn't envy those parents who had wee ones out in that heat all afternoon.



Because of the heat we didn't stay long, I think I'll take an umbrella as a sun shade another time, my hat was hot and uncomfortable and I was pleased to take it off when we got home. There is a cafe at the venue but it was full or we would have gone in for a cool drink. But still, I'm not complaining, it was an afternoon out doing something different.



That's all for today. 
Look after yourselves until next time.

Diana






5 comments:

  1. Well that looks like a fun event, it certainly has been warm lately but we are feeling a slight Autumn chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity it was just a bit too hot to spend more time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fun event. I too would have been in the shade though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times! At least it wasn't raining. :)

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you