Wednesday 10 January 2024

Berry picking

 Youngest daughter and I have arrived in the North Island for our week with her family. We had a long day travelling by car, plane, train and then car again, leaving home at 3:30pm and  arriving here at 10pm. I was pleased to fall into bed that night I can tell you.


The next morning I was greeted with excitement by Alice, who knows me, and a scowl from her wee brother who had no idea who this strange lady was who thought she knew him and what's more was drinking out of his mother's cup! But he has warmed to me and even climbed up for cuddles tonight.



Today after daycare we went to a blueberry farm and did some picking, something I've never done before. It was a really hot day and even in the shade of the bushes we felt it. Ice creams were the order of the day on the way home, then a stop at a little playground just around the corner from home, a short walk back for some of us and the others went in the cars.  It was good to get back to the house and have a refreshing drink.


And so now I am lying in bed anticipating another busy afternoon tomorrow with busy toddlers who don't quite understand that great grandma hasn't got the same energy levels as them. But what the heck, it's only for a week and I don't know when I'll see them again so I'll make the most of it.

Until next time

Diana






2 comments:

  1. I am reading in reverse order, and now realize these are your great-grandchildren, not your grandchildren! Wow! That is really amazing! So happy for you to be able to enjoy spending this time with them. They are blessed to be able to spend this time with you, and vice versa!! So happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you