Saturday 19 October 2013

A (mostly) quiet day

Today I went to Brighton with my little mother
 and my good friend, Bon.



We went to a quiet day/retreat. 
Well it was supposed to be a quiet day


and for the most part it was.


Little mother and I walked down to the beach in the morning,


and we took Bon back down in the afternoon for a stroll.


I have to confess that while the three of us were together,
shock horror, we Talked!! Oh dear!!


It was a beautiful, warm day and my little mother
 and I sat out in the sun for lunch.
Yes, in this little glade behind the church, 
on these two very uncomfortable chairs. 
I noticed another lady had a beach roll that she just lounged on
 and looked a lot more comfy than we were.
Mind you, my little mother did manage to doze off 
for a few minutes in the sun.


These funny looking things were growing on a vine out there
 and I asked one of the locals what they were
(after it was all over, you realize, I did behave most of the time). 
I'd never seen them before.
Apparently they are banana passion-fruit. 
I was tempted to pick some but thought I'd better not.


And just for fun I wanted to show you the welcome mat
 outside the back door of the hall, 
I had a good chuckle over this. 
 Somehow I don't think this door is used very often.

***************************

I forgot to take my camera with me
so took these pics on my cell phone. 
The sun was so bright I couldn't see the screen,
so just pointed and hoped.
Now I'm hoping they don't disappear
on me at some point in the future.


Hoping this finds you all well, 
have a good week,
Diana

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Diana;
    How wonderful to take a walk with your mother and friend♡♡♡ When I see blog friends enjoy strolling under the beautiful nature, I always wish I had lovely walking environment. Your mother must have had a great time with you♬♬♬ Banana passion-fruit sure look unique fruit and checked with pc, haha.

    Sending you lots of love and hugs to my dear friend in New Zealand, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana. Well, for someone who just hoped for the best with these photos, they have come out very well indeed.. Never heard of banana passion fruit before! I have a question about little mother. Is it your real mum, and you call her that because she is small? Or have I got that completely wrong?! The beach and the sea look lovely. I'm glad you had that time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just saying to my hubby that some phones can take better pictures than our old camera ;-). They came out well. Had to laugh at the old rug on the back entrance! Sounds like a rest filled place .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. A lovely calm day does much to rest the spirit. And your phone has produced some excellent pictures!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you