Good evening, all. I thought I would quickly nip in and tell you where we are at since my last post.
Bob is doing extremely well after the stroke. Within an hour of it happening he was being airlifted from our hospital in Dunedin to Christchurch hospital by helicopter. Their stroke unit is apparently better equipped than the local one and they removed three blood clots from his brain. His right side is affected but he is walking well unaided but having a bit of difficulty with his speech. Our girls drove up the next day so that he had some family support while there.
I spent three days in hospital in Dunedin while they ascertained what was wrong with me but we're both home now with a good support team in place. Bob has carers coming in three times a week to supervise his showers and from next week will have physio and speech therapy. There's also someone coming in once a week to do the heavy housework, but that's probably only temporary - until I recover more. In theory the support is all for Bob as the social worker decided I was well enough to do things for myself without bothering to come and see me. I wasn't impressed.
We both get tired easily and I don't have a lot of energy. A funny story - when Bob's carer left today I decided to go back to bed for an hour as we'd had a busy day yesterday with appointments and I was still tired even after an early night. I had a lovely hour sleeping, got up and dressed and who should arrive but the needs assessor who wanted to see how he managed getting on and off the bed - which I hadn't yet made! Ah well, these things happen and I don't suppose it is the first unmade bed she has seen.
Thank you so much for the prayers, God has been good in answering them and I am deeply grateful to Him and you all for lifting us up in prayer.
I don't know when my next post will be, things are still a little unsettled.
Take care,
blessings,
Diana




I apparently missed your previous post about Bob and you, so went back to check it. I am so sorry you've both been going through so much, but I am happy to hear that you are on the upward swing and doing much better. Praise God! And please just pace yourself and don't worry about unmade beds! Some things are just more important...like you getting enough rest! There are some days that I make the bed only to crawl back into it and take a nap and mess it all up again! Please take care of yourself so that you will be able to help Bob more too. One day at a time. God is with you.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear from you again and I'm thankful things are improving.
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy that they didn't even check you out, but I'm glad you have a little help.
Thanks for the update. I've been checking your blog regularly to see if everything was better. Blogger finally did an update too so I saw you had posted recently. Sounds like Bob and you have the support for your recovery.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back home and Bob is getting help. I hope you're feeling better. Youve been through a lot.
ReplyDeleteDiana, you just take care of yourself and your hubby. I'm glad you have some help coming in! That makes a huge difference. Please continue to take care and just check in when you can! Prayers will continue for you both! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks for the health update. Glad to hear things improving. Good that you have some help!!
ReplyDeleteGood news about Bob, I'm happy he got the help he needed.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteIt's good you are back home and help is being arranged.
Take care, my good wishes to you both.
All the best Jan