Friday 27 December 2019

Family time

We filled the car boot with Christmas bags filled with presents for the family. The back seat was already filled with salads and desserts, cutlery and dishes. And we set off for youngest daughter's house.

We had already touched base with our granddaughters with their babies and received lovely photos of them on their first Christmas morning. And because I don't know which ones I like best I am going to show you two of each of them :)

Arlo, our gorgeous blue eyed boy.
Arlo dressed up as Santa...
...and opening a present with help from one of the dogs.
Alice dressed up and ready...
to go to church with her Nana and Grandpa.
I love these photos of Alice, to me she looks like
 a Christmas parcel tied up with a gold bow.


Barbecuing was the order of the day and we all anxiously watched the weather forecasts as Christmas drew nearer. Wet. Wet. Windy and wet. Clearing. Wet. So the tent was put up in the backyard and that's where the food was cooked and salads served. Desserts were on the table inside.
 
As it turned out it was cool, rain threatened but didn't happen.
Teenage boys appeared, gathered food and disappeared again :)
Youngest granddaughter arrived with her new beau.
We all gathered around the tree and gave out our Christmas presents, teenage boys appeared again and disappeared again.
DIL snoozed, she'd just come off her morning shift 
and was in need of some zzz"s.
All in all we had a wonderful relaxed day.
I'll leave you with this montage of photos of our adult children 
with their partners, and my GKB and me.

We hope your Christmas was as relaxed and happy as ours was. 
Blessings and best wishes for 2020.

Diana

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas Day you had! Oh, those babies! They are SO adorable! I agree that Alice looks like a present wrapped up with a bow! Just precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those grandbabies are precious! I love family Christmas pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear you had such a wonderful Christmas with family!!
    Darling pictures of the babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely family! It looks like all had a great Christmas :)

    Happy New Year!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of your family Diana. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Blessings for the New Year, I can't believe it is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to find you are blogging again Diana! I had missed you. I sitll cannot wrap my head around BBQ and Christmas but it was warm enough here in Alabama this week that we could have grilled up some food quite nicely. Those precious babies make me want to grab them up and kiss those sweet cheeks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you