Thursday 26 May 2016

Busy, busy, busy...

...that's the way my life has been for the past fortnight and so I'm sorry, I haven't had time to just sit and write about my road trip yet. But I will get around to it eventually. Tomorrow I head south again for an overnight stay about an hours drive from home, with a group of girlfriends. Then I just want to hibernate at home for a week and catch up with my GKB :)
So without further ado here is my little collection of miscellany
 for Five on Friday over at Amy's blog.



1) The top two pictures are gifts I received from 
my girls for Mother's Day. Loved them.


2) It must be winter, I have started this jigsaw, 
all shades of pink and peach :)


3) Last Saturday evening Sis took Little Mother, my daughter and me to the ballet. She was the only one who had ever attended before, but we all enjoyed it. I have to admit though that I kept waiting for them to burst into song - I'm a fan of musicals. The ballet was The Wizard of Oz.


4) Feijoas - there is an abundant crop on the tree and even just picking up the windfalls we are getting a medium 
sized bowlful daily. I have been giving them away 
as well as eating them, I haven't had the time to cook
 any in any way but hope to be able to at least stew 
some next week. The tree belongs to the neighbour
 and overhangs our driveway. In the summer it is full 
of waxeyes darting about looking for insects.


5) And finally Leo. Leo is my friends' cat who I've written 
a couple of posts about in the past. Leo walked over 
the rainbow bridge yesterday afternoon and will be sadly
 missed by everyone who met him. He was a real character. 
RIP my little ewok.

18 comments:

  1. I still have a hard time wrapping my head about it being winter there Diana when it is summer here.lol It does sound as if you have been busy and I agree about ballet. It is beautiful but I love a good musical!! We are hoping to take our older granddaughters to see Beauty and the Beast this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ballet is something I want to do with my Tea, I think it is awesome. What a wonderful Mothers Day gift creams are amazing and don't overwhelm in smell. hae a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ballet is something I want to do with my Tea, I think it is awesome. What a wonderful Mothers Day gift creams are amazing and don't overwhelm in smell. hae a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Leo. Pets are so dear to us.

    Lots of lovely hand creams! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can rest this next week from all your adventures. It is so sad to lose pet babies. Leo was beautiful! Lovely Mother's Day gifts! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to be busy but nice be home with not much to do either! I have never heard of Feijoas'....I will guess they are some kind of fruit. Always so sad when a furry friend passes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gifts from your girls.

    I love puzzles although I never seem to do them anymore, that one looks difficult with all the similar colours.

    I have never been to a ballet, I bet it was beautiful to watch.

    The poor kitty, it always makes me sad when any animal passes away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, so sorry about Leo. He looks like he was loved very much. All the lotions and the flower are such sweet gifts from your daughters. Nice to get the fruit windfall - I've never heard of those! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ages since I did a jigsaw but I love them and can't stop until I have finished. I have never heard of Feijoas. Are they a kind of fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love to do a jigsaw in the Winter too, strange you are talking of Winter and we are heading into Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about Leo. He looks like a great cat. Glad you had fun at the ballet. I think the only one I've been to before was The Nutcracker at Christmas. My MIL wanted to take my daughter at Christmas one year.

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Diane, firstly, thank you for visiting me on my blog, and for your lovely comment.
    You received some lovely gifts for Mother's Day. Glad you enjoyed the ballet, have to admit I've never been to any ballet, and I would have been expecting them to burst into song too!
    I googled the Feijoas, they look like something between gooseberries and apples? So sad to read about the lovely Leo and then about his passing too!
    Hope you had a great time with your girlfriends!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHA! I panicked for a moment then that I had forgotten Mother's day! Thankfully we celebrate them at different times :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diana! You're a busy gal with all your travels. Your gifts from your girls look like something I would enjoy, too. I'm sorry about your friend's cat, Leo. He looks like he was well loved. I never heard of the fruit from your neighbor's tree, but how nice you get to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to go to the Ballet, it's been Years ago when My girls were small,We use to see The Nutcracker.How lovely to see Wizard of Oz and yes I agree with lots of song and dance.Looking forward to hearing about Your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to go to the Ballet, it's been Years ago when My girls were small,We use to see The Nutcracker.How lovely to see Wizard of Oz and yes I agree with lots of song and dance.Looking forward to hearing about Your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not ever heard of feijoas or waxeyes, i'm off to google now. What do the feijoas taste like I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing like settling down to a cosy time in after a busy time on a road trip and other events such as an evening at the ballet.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you