Tuesday 23 February 2016

A busy 24 hours...

...or so.

My little mother had a hospital appointment yesterday morning.
My little sis, the middle one, was flying in from 
Aussie yesterday morning. Luckily my two daughters
 offered to go and pick up their aunty from the airport, so
 I was able to go into the hospital with Mum. 
We all arrived back at her home within five minutes
 of each other. Great timing :)


We had a quick cuppa and I went home for lunch.
Both daughters sat and chatted for a while. 
A little later I had a phone call from sis, could I take
 her back out to the airport to pick up her rental car,
 about tea time. Not a problem. She thought it might have been cheaper to pick one up in town but not so. You live and learn!


Finally we found the right rental desk, in a completely
 different building to all the other rental companies. Who knew?
Unattended! If desk is unattended Ring Bell ONCE ONLY!
So we did, we were too scared to do otherwise, the notice had already told us off, or so it felt. But I have to admit it was also tempting to ring the bell twice just to see what would happen. Anyway it wasn't long before she had her car  
and she and our little mother drove away home.


Tonight we all went into the Edgar Centre in the city
 to watch my grandson, Jack, play futsal. This is him 
in goal, later in the game he was out with the other players.
He was terribly embarrassed that his great aunty
 and grandmother were taking photos. 


Making a save :) They lost the game 3 - 2 but it was 
only the first one of the season and that wasn't a bad score.

I was really quite surprised at all the sports that were there practising. The photo below was taken as we were leaving;
tennis courts nearest us, then marching teams with the futsal competition happening beyond them. Behind us the cricket 
nets were getting a workout as well - batting practise.



Tomorrow we will spend the morning out with 
our niece and her little family as they holiday around 
the South Island before heading back home to Australia.


sharing this week with Stephanie over at:

Have a good week.
Until next time,
Diana

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good kind of busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had rung that bell more than once. I'm curious to see what would have happened! Enjoy all the busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your photos of life in NZ. I love to see them! My young grandson and granddaughter are just starting spring practice for baseball and softball so I will be at the ball fields a lot this spring. It looks like you have lovely facilities for sports. And I had to laugh about Ring ONCE only!! Like you, i would have been tempted to ring a ding ding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, that would have been interesting to see what would happen if you rang the bell twice! That is so funny! :) I enjoyed hearing about your day. Enjoy your lovely time with your family, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I never heard of futsol. So I googled it. Apparently its a modified form of soccer. Interesting! Sounds like you had a busy few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day. : )
    I too have never heard of futsol before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ringing the bell twice - that made me laugh. It sounds like you had a great day out, I also had to smile at your grandson being embarrassed about photos being taken. He must be at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have family visiting. What is futsal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Futsal is a modified football (soccer) game. Fve a side and 12 mins each way. It keeps the kids skills up during the off season. It makes me smile that it is played inside in the summer and these same kids play the real game outside in the winter.

      Delete
  9. What a delightful post! Wonder why they only want the bell rung once, lol... I'm sure they get people who just ring it twice to see what happens, oh my! Such a fun happy post, so thankful you were able to have such a blessed time with your family! Visiting you for the first time today and happy to have met you :)

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you