Friday 26 July 2024

A 50th celebration

Aglow in New Zealand celebrates 50 years this year.
We decided at a local level to have a celebration meeting for those who can't travel to Wellington later in the year to join in 
the national celebrations. 

A lot of work went into advertising, sending out invitations and organising rides for those who needed one. Then there was the actual meeting to put together and the afternoon tea to get sorted and only three of us to do it!


We sang a lot of the old songs, shared memories and stories and just generally enjoyed each others company. We had eight past presidents attend and half a dozen ex advisors. As well as others, who for various reasons, no longer come along. One lady came from a rest home, she was 96 and still going strong.


Once the meeting was over the cake was cut and then it was time to enjoy a delicious afternoon tea. People didn't seem to want to go home, and I think that is always a sign that they have enjoyed themselves. 


It was a wonderful afternoon but I've decided that I'm getting past this organising of events lark. I think it's time for a younger generation to take over.

That's it from me this week. 
Take care until next time
Diana


8 comments:

  1. You put on a good feast for everyone to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a lot of hard work to organise something like this. I am glad it was so successful - and I hope someone else will pick up the reins now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful get together. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lot more work than people realize putting together something like this. Yes, a good sign that people didn't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Diana! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I left you a note over at the blog. That was a lot of work for three people to do but the fact that the people didn't want to leave seems to point to the fact that your efforts were definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh womens aglow? I use to belong to a group when my children were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know everyone appreciated your efforts! Looks like a really fun event! Enjoy your week...put your feet up now! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a great & fun event. I especially fascinated to read about reading song together. I LOVE singing songs (at home alone ;p).
    Thank you very much for stopping by; I've married with my husband for 47 years p;) Lot's of LOVE from Japan. Miyako

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you