Friday 8 March 2024

Celebrations

 It's been a week of celebrations for our family.

On Friday we had a visit from middle Granddaughter and her new fiancee. They came around especially to tell us they had just become engaged. She is a lovely thoughtful girl and he is an outgoing and caring man and I think they are well matched. We're very happy for them. 

On Saturday my daughters took me out and bought me a 'decent' pair of walking shoes for my birthday. All the kids contributed. Asics. They've taken a bit of getting used to, and I think I look like I'm wearing Daisy Duck shoes, but they're really comfortable. Just as well for the price :) That evening we went to number one son's home for a lovely birthday dinner. 

And a couple of days later we welcomed a new addition to the family. Theo was expected to arrive on my birthday but he had other ideas. He wanted his own day :) He is our grandson's son and our fourth great grandchild. He is well loved :)


I will leave you there and try and have a catch up with everyone as the day goes on.

Enjoy your week, keep well, 
Diana

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week for your family!
    Happy Birthday to you! Happy engagement to your granddaughter and welcome to your new great grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An engagement, a birthday and a new baby, a week to remember! Hope your birthday was a lovely one, nice present. My youngest grandson's name is Theo, small world! I have a friend living in Wanganui and she's said its cooler this week, our turn to have the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, Congratulations on Theo! What a sweet picture of him in your arms. John

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week.
    Congratulations all around.
    So important to have comfortable walking shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful week of celebrations. Congratulations. And new shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You've got to have a good pair of walking shoes, my birthday is also in March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been catching up on your family news. I haven't been getting notifications of your new blog posts. Also I haven't been posting on my blog so much recently. How wonderful to hear from you! Thank you. Congratulations on the arrival of your new great grand baby. All the best across the miles! Love from us here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you