Monday 12 August 2024

Sunset at the village

Last weekend I went down to Gore for a women's retreat with American author Sharon Garlough Brown. I went with a couple of friends and we shared a unit at the hotel. We were asked not to take photo's at the retreat but I thought I'd show you these that I took at sunset the night we arrived.


We were filling in time until we went out for our evening meal and so decided to visit the little heritage village across the road from the hotel.  I thought I had one or two more of the buildings but no :(



Once through the gate we were met by this flock of ducks, and the occasional goose, on the grass just beside the stream.


Some of them objected to us disturbing them and departed for the water where I guess they thought we wouldn't follow them and as it was winter they were right :)


There was a display of old farm implements.


The gate to the right of the church is a memorial to the 
pioneer women of the district and was erected in 1944.
(Though probably not in this spot, I'm not sure).


We wandered over a little bridge, around the path and up the 
side of the stream opposite where we had entered.


Then across another little bridge where we were met by this duck and goose who had wandered away from the main bunch.

It was a nice walk but by then it was starting to get dark and colder so we headed back to the hotel, got in the car and went out for our meal. Chinese, it was delicious.

That's it for the moment, I'm sorry some of the photos are a bit dark, but it was just on dusk.

Have a good week,
blessings,
Diana


8 comments:

  1. I hope the days at the retreat are warm and friendly. What a lovely walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us along on your stroll through the village. It's a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a peaceful and lovely place for a ladies' retreat! I'm glad you were able to share these photos with us. I'm sure the geese and ducks really didn't mind either. I hope you had a wonderful time at the retreat. It sounds lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of peaceful contentment is showing through your photos. It must have been a lovely place to wander around :)
    I hope your retreat was really great. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very peaceful and sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a good time. How come you weren't allowed to take photos at the retreat? Was it because other people want to maintain their privacy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, we weren't given a reason, just asked not to take any. I'm guessing that was probably the reason.

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you