Thursday 1 August 2024

We're coming home

Jack rang his mother and said, "we're coming home. Can we stay with you?" Mum and dad decided they didn't have room in the house without moving the current occupants around so they opted for getting a sleepout for the yard. It duly arrived and the yard went from this...

to this...

via these steps...


The sleepout was backed up the drive on a trailer...


carefully removed...


lifted with a small hydraulic crane...


and swung over the cars that were parked in the yard.

My GKB and I were on hand to watch the process
 having gone over to daughters home for a visit and a coffee. It was interesting because they had a tight space to do it in. 
Of course we were not being nosey :)
Regardless, Jack and his partner are now safely ensconced and I think everyone is happy.



9 comments:

  1. What a great way to extend the home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this was interesting to watch. What a great way to add living space and privacy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one of these. I'm confused though. Is this your son coming home or your grandson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my grandson Marcia, they went away for work but it never worked out. Both now have jobs back here.

      Delete
  4. This would have been interesting to watch as it was in the process. I've not seen anything like this but I love the whole idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea. Those cabins seem to be very popular. I see them going past my house regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is less than $100 pw so a good option really.

      Delete
  6. I've watched one of those little cabins being lifted over a fence to be positioned in a back yard. There would have been a few heart-stopping moments had it been my cabin. Great solution to lack of space, though!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you