Sunday 3 March 2024

Round up of the past week

It's been a busy week. Monday was just the normal round of housework and making sure I had everything ready for the Aglow meeting on Tuesday night.

Tuesday I spent a bit of time finding last minute substitutes for people who couldn't get to the meeting after all, for various reasons, so couldn't help as had been planned. But it all worked out well and we had a great meeting. People are pretty good at filling in on the night anyway but it's nice to have things organised.


Wednesday is my half day in the local Christian bookshop where I volunteer. We have people come in for all sorts of reasons, some want prayer, some want to drop off a prayer request and others just want a chat. Some even buy books or gifts!  :) It's a nice wee shop, selling a great range of goods from books and clothing to cards and gifts.



Thursday saw me up with the larks - before 6am - so I could be over at my friends house for a 7:45am start on our trip south. I don't like to rush in the mornings. We were headed to Gore, which is a couple of hours drive away, for a combined Aglows board meeting. People come from all over the south of the south and it's good to have a catch up with those we haven't seen for a while and to meet the new board members.


 Below is a picture of the back garden of the house we met at, a great space for relaxing and chatting over a hot or cold drink. The lady of the house said the garden didn't look too good this year - I wish my garden didn't look this too good :) We arrived home about tea time and I was pleased to see my bed on Thursday night.


Friday was walk the dog day again. Sassy was really excited to see me as the last few times I've been over we've been out walking. Today we went over to John Wilson Drive. which has the beach on one side and the golf course on the other.


 All dogs have to be on a leash as it is baby sea lion season and some of the mothers have taken their pups over to the bushes by the golf course to keep them safe from any bull sea lions. They stay well hidden usually but sometimes come out and sunbathe on the road or on the course. 
And no, Sass is not pooping, just wondering why Granma has to take a photo of her - again :) she's got better things to do.




This pic is just for fun. I love the mural above the centre shops.
There is an optometrist on one side and a cookie shop on the other.




6 comments:

  1. A varied week all in all. I agree with you about that garden. How I would like my garden to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy week and I've enjoyed hearing your news. I'm unable to say much these days, but send loving blessings across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure had a busy week, but a good one! I think that garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly a lot of good stuff going on here! All sounds wonderful! Love the garden pictures. Yes, it would be nice to have such a garden! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. Sounds like you are staying busy with a lot of special stuff!! Blessings all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I haven't been to a womens aglow meeting in years, the church I use to go to in Maungaturoto (Northland) use to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy, varied, and fun week.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you