Saturday 23 March 2024

A wander around the garden

We'll take a wander shortly.

 First here is a pic of my GKB with young Theo. We were invited over while he was up so that Great grandad could meet him with his eyes open :) but Theo had other ideas. He did eventually open his eyes for a short time though so they have now officially eyed each other :)


We didn't stay too long as my GKB was the only male there and he gets a bit restless when it's all female company - and it can't be much fun when it is all baby talk to boot :) 

We decided to do some grocery shopping on the way home and then I wanted to have a look at the rose garden in the Memorial Gardens - which are just across the road from the supermarket.


The entry from the carpark. I love this entry at any time of the year.


Walk through a wee way and you can see the adjacent skate park through the trees on the right. There were a lot of birds flitting away from me here but too quick to get a picture - and they blended well into the trees.


Look in the opposite direction and there is a lovely big green, just right for picnics or taking the little ones for a play. Nice shaded seating as well, under the trees.
 

Entrance to the rose garden. The garden was fenced in this red brick as well, until a few years ago. I'm not sure why it was removed as I think the gardens themselves looked better - more formal if you like - which is how I think a rose garden should be. But that's just my opinion.


And finally the memorial rose garden itself. Looking a bit shabby at the end of summer and after the wind and rain of the past few days.
But more roses still in bloom than I thought there would be.

There is also a fenced children's playground out near the carpark. It's a lovely garden in the middle of town.



 I hope you've enjoyed a little look at a small part of our town.
Until next time, take care.

Diana





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the rose garden and all the green spaces around you. But seeing Great Grandpa meet his great grandson and vice versa is the best ever!! What a wonderful day that was! I'm glad you got a picture to commemorate the day! I'm sure the little guy won't remember it, but someday maybe he'll see this picture. Thank you for sharing a precious moment with us! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful park to wander around in! But the pic of Great Grandpa with Theo steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to see the park.
    Nice blue sweater that Theo is wearing. Did you knit it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice place to stay with the roses.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you