Friday 15 March 2024

Autumn is here

 March has certainly come in like a lion, but it is the beginning of autumn here so not altogether unexpected. Further inland it is snowing but at least it is just squally showers here today. The mornings are darker too, so it is harder to wake up, and the evenings are drawing in. Time to think about putting the winter sheets on the bed.


Early morning.

Today was gym/walk day and we had thought we would meet up with the new mother and take baby for a walk but it was too cold and blustery. Instead youngest daughter and I ended up at the gym and on the treadmill before heading over to participate in baby Theo's bath time and have cuddles. He's a good, contented baby. So Sassy missed out on her walk with me today. I also took the opportunity of delivering the baby album my GKB and I had bought for them. 



At the end of last year I joined a small collective where for $7-50 I can get a small bag of vegetables that last us for 2 weeks. You're informed of what's in the bags before you order, there is not an option but I don't mind as we like most veges, and if you don't like the selection there's no need to order. This week we received potatoes, onions broccoli, marrow and a cabbage. No root veges this time but no matter, I already had some in the fridge. There's also the option of buying a meat pack, and extra vegetables if you want. And you can opt in and out as you want so you don't have to buy every week if it doesn't suit. A good deal I think.

And apart from that it has been a quiet week. I haven't been out much as my hearing aids are playing up and it's not much fun when you can't hear what people are saying and can't hold a conversation. But hopefully next week will be better - I've had an appointment with the audiologist and she has hopefully fixed the problem :)

So not much to share.
Until next time look after yourselves,

Diana

4 comments:

  1. Wow, here we are in the states having springtime and looking forward to summer, and there you are just getting to autumn and looking forward to winter! We just took our flannel sheets off the bed as they were getting too warm! LOL. Oh, look at that sweet baby boy! What a blessing! I know you enjoyed spending time with him! That vegetable deal sounds like a great deal! Anytime we can save money on food I'm thankful! Prices have gone up so much the past few years here, and I'm wishing I was a good gardener. I may have to learn. I hope you have a pleasant weekend and enjoy your autumn days while they last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to really get cold here, 3 degrees last night so I'm wondering what Winter is going to be like. Lots of Flanelette sheets are swlling at my work (the warehouse), and we just put the electric blanket on our bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are now in Spring, enjoying the blossom appearing on the trees and daffodils and tulips are now coming into flower. Spring is the only season my garden looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vegetables sounds like a good and convenient idea.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you