Friday 25 November 2016

Chloe and Jack

Just touching base with everyone to let you
 know I am still alive and kicking. 

Last night my youngest grand daughter Chloe got in touch to see if we wanted to  join her in a girls only afternoon tea: coffee and brownies. So my little mother and I went out with her to a nice cafe/bar and  had a very relaxing afternoon out. Two of the 'girls' couldn't come, my daughter and her youngest daughter but we were still a nice little party. This is the first time Mum has been out socially for a long time, months in fact. She has been back in hospital since last time I posted and they have put one of the stents in. What a big difference it has made to her but we are still awaiting the main op. and so she is still staying with us. It was nice to go out and not be visiting the hospital for a change :)
My little mother is tired tonight though.

Vanessa (daughter), Chloe, Monica (eldest grand daughter), mum and me.

On Wednesday night my middle grandson, Jack, had his year 8 formal. Girls a dress and boys trousers, shirts and tie. That would be a novelty for the boys in particular I think and possibly for some of the girls as well :) They have been practicing some ballroom dancing for several weeks now as well as some more fun stuff.
The photo below is Jack all scrubbed up and ready to dance (reluctantly in his case). This is his final year at primary school and next year he will travel into the city to attend high school, growing up and starting a new phase in his life. They are all growing up so quickly, I don't know where the time is going to, sigh.


Sorry about the quality of the photo, it has been through many incarnations before I managed to get this pic on the page. 

Keep well,
Diana

12 comments:

  1. That was a really nice girls only tea outing. How kind of your granddaughter to remember your little mother too. Your mom looks great, and I'll bet she enjoyed herself despite being tired at the end of the day. Your grandson is a handsome devil. He'll have a tough time sitting out any dances if the girls have anything to do with it!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sweet Diana! Your dear mum looks simply lovely and what a bleing to enjoy some girl time :)

    Wishing you a blessed weekend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Litte Mother is feeling a bit better. The next surgery will probably make a big difference. I am glad she is staying with you Diana so you can keep an eagle eye on her. We had a nice Thanksgiving and now on to decorating for Christmas...I love it when my house is filled with light and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea for a get together. Hope your Mother continues to mend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see a post from you.
    Sounds like a lovely time out and so glad to hear your mother is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how nice that you got to get out and about with your little mother! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time with your girls and your Little Mother. So sweet. I know it meant a lot to her to have that special tea time!
    Such a handsome young man, ready for his big dance. He appears to be a normal young man...reluctant to do all that stuff! Such fun! Blessings to you. Praying for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad she is feeling good enuf to go out with you. Glad you had a good time...how blessed to still have your mom...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see an update. You have a beautiful family. God bless your Mom as she awaits surgery. Glad you two could enjoy tea and brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are still kicking. It's good to hear that little Mom is able to get out and about once in a while. That's a good sign. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diana. What a good idea to have that all girls get together. I'm sure your mum really enjoyed it, although tired at the end. I love how you call her little mother. My mum was little too, but then, I'm not very big either! Your grandson is very handsome 😊 . Yes, the years pass far too quickly. My little ones are growing away, and I don't like it, and my eldest granddaughter will be 19 next week! Keep well, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely family! Glad to see your Mum out and about. Oh, time does go by too quickly, yes, indeed. I'll keep your Mum in my prayers. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you