Saturday 12 October 2024

A cause for celebration.

But first let me say how sorry I am about all the devastation that has occurred in Florida and nearby states. I can't do much from here except let you all know I think of you and you're in my prayers.

******
And now for the celebration.
It is just on a year since the family gathered to celebrate our son's ordination. As we were still meeting in the rugby clubrooms we 'borrowed' one of the local Baptist churches for the ordinations. We offered to swap buildings with them but that offer wasn't taken up. I can't imagine why not :)


Newly ordained, the bishop standing behind Aaron.

As well as Aaron there was another young man being ordained, and a young minister from the US being licensed to work in New Zealand while he is here studying. There was a little humour in the service but it didn't detract from the purpose and so at the same time it was still reverent. 

being congratulated by his proud big sister.

Afterwards we were able to have a catch up with friends and family over a delicious afternoon tea and have photos taken. It was a blustery day so the outside photos weren't terrific, my GKB and I opted for indoor ones.

family photo.

Aaron had waited a long time for this moment and we were very happy for him and proud parents :)

with his sisters, out in the wind.

It will be another couple of years before full ordination, at present he is a deacon in the church, but if the time goes as quickly as the past year has gone it'll be here before we know it.

******

Some of you wondered how I found Prince Harry's book 'Spare'. If I'm to be honest I didn't want to like it. I'm pleased I read it though as it gave me an insight into why he acts the way he does. There were parts I just skimmed over, especially part 2 when he was in the army - I'm not interested in the why or how of helicopters and planes. I just like to know they're going to get me where I'm going in one piece. And I wasn't interested in his frost nipped body part, which he went on about. The other thing that really struck me was his obsession  with his mother. I know he lost her when he was a young boy but he's in his 40's now and she was a constant thread throughout the book. He never spoke about her death or had counselling of any kind until just before his marriage. I found part 3 very interesting, his meeting Meghan and his marriage.
Anyway, would I recommend it? Yes and no. If you want some insight into the why and wherefore of his life, go for it. I don't think it is as bad as the media made it out to be. 

******

 And that's it from me today.

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you