Sunday 27 October 2024

Wellington and a Tui

 Some photos taken by my GKB and me as we wandered around the area of Wellington we were staying in last week. The hotel we stayed in overlooked Oriental Bay and our room was on the 11th floor overlooking the bay/harbour. We got a shot of the Bluebridge Ferry departing one evening for the South Island and saw lots of small yachts out sailing another evening, we must have been near a yacht club we think.


Street scenes.




The Michael Fowler Centre, where I spent most of my time.


Parliament building aka The Beehive.


Three different views from our hotel window.




My GKB at the bayside after lunch at Te Papa.


And this beautiful Tui was sitting on a flax bush outside Te Papa, 
the national museum.




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit! Lovely photos. Wellington looks like a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful time, I enjoyed your photos. I really like the Parliament building!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great place to visit! Love your photos. I lived in a big old house at the end of Oriental Parade in the 70s. I'd love to go back and wander round

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed in an hotel once that overlooked Oriental Bay so I can appreciate your comment of having lots to see. It is years since I last visited Te Papa and would love to do so again. Especially if there was a bonus of a tui to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely views from the window!!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you