Tuesday 20 March 2018

Trying to catch up with myself

     It's been busy since Christmas what with my brother and his family and then two of my sisters arriving for holidays from Australia. Don't get me wrong though, it's been a fun busy time and I've enjoyed seeing everyone :)
     I've also been to a conference in Auckland and now find I'm "trying to catch up with myself". I had an opportunity one afternoon to go up to the viewing platform on the Sky Tower, so here are a few snaps taken that day.




Looking toward the harbor viaduct
from the bridge over to the tower.



The tower from the same bridge.


Part of Auckland Harbour from the viewing platform.


I managed to put my toes on the glass floor
 long enough for a photograph.
 That was long enough, then I was back to the
more solid looking area.


When we got back to street level there was a
Pacifica dance group performing.
A nice finish to the tower visit :)

I'll see you again when I can :)
Diana



13 comments:

  1. Diana, what an amazing day! I don't think I'd want to look out if I was that high up! I am back blogging at Blogger and I hope that you will stop by and visit when you have a moment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes. You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tower much too tall !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I could have stood on the glass floor. Great views. Hard to keep up with everything, family always takes priority.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, not sure if I could stand on that floor! I'd like to give it a go and then probably hop off immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are back Diana!! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what fantastic pictures, my friend. It was so nice to visit with you today and I am glad you are well :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Diana! I see you are still blogging as and when you can! You’ve certainly had a very busy time since Christmas, but, as you say, I’m sure it was lovely to meet up with everyone. You were very brave having your photo taken - I would have hopped off there pretty quickly as well. I’m glad to see that things seem to be going well over there with you. All best wishes to you from heavenly Devon, over here in England!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been enjoying your time, and thank you for sharing this little bit with us. Love the pictures...I understand what you mean about the glass floor...I would have a hard time with that too. Love the dancers. Take care and enjoy your life...then share with us as you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been having a wonderful if busy time.
    What kind of conference did you attend? Our Pastor just returned from a revival conference there. Would be cool if it was the same one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at the Aglow national conference for the Pacific region. It was a great time - quite a lot of men there as well.

      Delete
  11. Oh, my, I would be afraid of stepping on to the glass floor, too! So nice to visit with you today. Sending hugs to you and your little mother...I hope she is continuing to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could not do the glass floor! ;-) Yikes!

    Great dancers! Weren't they (or some like them) in the olympic ceremonies?

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you