Thursday 7 December 2017

Summer, but not quite Christmassing.

 Hello there. I would like to say I am back to regular blogging but to be honest I don't know. After the past year with little mother being so ill and having to travel from one end of the country to the other with her for her treatment, (more than once) I found at the end of it all I was quite emotionally and mentally exhausted. I don't think I'm quite back to normal yet, but getting there. So...working on it and will post when I can. I have been visiting but just haven't had the energy to comment.
##########
So...Summer came in beautifully at the beginning of the month and so far it has been very hot for our part of the world. Temps in the mid to high 20's and nights in the mid  teens - too hot for comfort and not a lot of sleep happening. But the upside of that is that I have managed to get most of my spare blankets washed and back inside and put away. You can see that the grass is already burning off and I believe we are in for more of the same.


Number one son came and removed all of his gear at the weekend. They have just moved house again as where they had gone to was only a temporary house sit. They hadn't realised it would be quite so temporary or they may not have taken it. But this has proved a blessing in disguise because the new house is closer to the family, only a block away from his younger sister and her family. And it is in a bush setting while still being part of the city.


############

I haven't really got much Christmas stuff done yet but have made a start. Below is my Advent calendar, a New Zealand holiday scene. As you open each door it tells a little of the Nativity story with photos of children playing the parts. Iconic and cute.


I also manage to play some Christmas music occasionally - when my GKB isn't watching darts...or cricket or snooker. So not very often at present :)


And I have managed to get my overseas Christmas cards written and posted away. Now to get started on the local ones.


Then it is a Christmas cake or two, but I'm not stressing about that. If they have to be store bought this year they have to be store bought.

Happy Advent.
Diana

8 comments:

  1. Hi Diana! I love your sweet header! Sorry about your little mother. Nice news about your sona and hope you're doing well. I'm slowly getting out my Christmas. I've not done as much this year - getting old! :) Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel to be unprepared for Christmas too - it has sort of crept up and now is here shouting 'Ta-da!' Hope things keep improving for you and that summer isn't too warm (you could always send some sunshine this way!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are getting a good start on Christmas even if it is too warm and you are very tired. Praying God will re-energize you and that you will have a wonderful, Merry, peaceful Christmas. I hope your little mother is doing better? It is warm here in Florida as well, although we are expecting a little cold front to move through this weekend, so we might have to get out our sweaters! Have a blessed Advent season! Emmanuel! God With Us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, I am happy to see your posts just whenever you feel like visiting. I understand you have had a hard year. And just as it is hot there, we are being teased with a chance of snow on Friday night. I am hoping they are wrong. We seldom get snow in December and how about that global warming thing?lol I got all my cards in the mail yesterday. Hope to finish up some shopping today. And lets just let those carols ring out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging can wait, when so much is happening in your life. Weather wise, I guess, you get the tail end of our weather systems & we had a very, very hot start to November, then down to much cooler, wet weather & predictions that it could even snow over the weekend in our Victorian High country. Yeah? Hang in there, enjoy Christmas & maybe see you for the January photo hunt. Take care, merry Christmas & happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good start on Christmas.
    I haven't done anything yet except write out a few cards.
    We have a very low key Christmas which is what I like.
    Glad to see you posting again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice photo for your header of the cubs singing Christmas carols for the folks at the rest home. It's good to see boys and girls together. We're getting snow and ice here in contrast to your weather. Thankfully the light snow has been melting and hope that further snow fall will not be heavy. I've just posted my greetings cards, but don't decorate until nearer Christmas Day. It has been a busy time for you. Like you I blog when I can. Advent blessings. Also I wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas and new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Store bought is just fine. Sometimes we need to take it easier and just enjoy the holiday.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you