Thursday, 26 May 2016
Busy, busy, busy...
...that's the way my life has been for the past fortnight and so I'm sorry, I haven't had time to just sit and write about my road trip yet. But I will get around to it eventually. Tomorrow I head south again for an overnight stay about an hours drive from home, with a group of girlfriends. Then I just want to hibernate at home for a week and catch up with my GKB :)
So without further ado here is my little collection of miscellany
for Five on Friday over at Amy's blog.
1) The top two pictures are gifts I received from
my girls for Mother's Day. Loved them.
2) It must be winter, I have started this jigsaw,
all shades of pink and peach :)
3) Last Saturday evening Sis took Little Mother, my daughter and me to the ballet. She was the only one who had ever attended before, but we all enjoyed it. I have to admit though that I kept waiting for them to burst into song - I'm a fan of musicals. The ballet was The Wizard of Oz.
4) Feijoas - there is an abundant crop on the tree and even just picking up the windfalls we are getting a medium
sized bowlful daily. I have been giving them away
as well as eating them, I haven't had the time to cook
any in any way but hope to be able to at least stew
some next week. The tree belongs to the neighbour
and overhangs our driveway. In the summer it is full
of waxeyes darting about looking for insects.
5) And finally Leo. Leo is my friends' cat who I've written
a couple of posts about in the past. Leo walked over
the rainbow bridge yesterday afternoon and will be sadly
missed by everyone who met him. He was a real character.
RIP my little ewok.