Tuesday 15 September 2015

Totsy and friends

Many moons ago I showed you two of my dolls 
and said that one day I would show you a couple more.
I don't have a lot but today is a nice warm spring day 
and I though I would get Totsy and her friends down 
from on top of the cabinet in the lounge.
(I'll have to get back up there one day very soon and do a spot of dusting - it's been a case of out of sight out of mind :( ugh).


Totsy had her cute name when she arrived 
but the other two were poor little un-named tykes,
 so I call them Bella and Billy.
We had been out for a drive one day and spotted them in a little shop in a little town that is not a destination but the sort of place you pass through on the way to where you're going.
Unless you live there, of course :)


Totsy is 40cms or so in height and she has 
the most glorious red hair with beautiful ringlets.


Her eyes are a lovely blue grey
 and I think she has quite a pensive look on her face.
I had her for quite a while before the other two arrived.


Billy and Bella are both 32cms in height 
and I tend to think of them as twins.
Both of them have lovely red gold hair,
 just like two of my grandkids :)
Maybe that's why I was so attracted to them.


Their eyes are a lovely bluish green, 
and to me they have a look of utter astonishment on their faces.
All three of them look like they are dressed 
in their 'Sunday meeting clothes'.


I didn't buy them but when I got home 
I discovered my GKB had bought them for me. 
What a gem!

************


And this is nothing to do with dolls 
but is the medal my pre teen grandson won 
at the end of the footy season, for good sportsmanship.
Way to go Jack :)


joining Stephanie at:
roses of inspiration

Have a great week.
See you next time,
Diana

11 comments:

  1. Your dolls are so cute. I too collected dolls at one time, but now I am trying to downsize on "stuff", just don't have the room for much. I enjoyed reading about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet dollies! I love the name Totsy! And way to go Jack! Sportsmanship is something that is becoming rare in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls are gorgeous! Love their names! :-) And congratulations to Jack!

    Diana, I'm blogging now at www.therusticpumpkin.co I hope you come by for a visit! (that is (dot)co not (dot)com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all kinds of doll, so needed to pop over when I saw your link on Stephanie's blog. SO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Diana : ) Your dolls are just darling.I do love their hair and most of all I love their clothes,what beautiful costuming.Just one more little thing out of so many that We have in common,I do enjoy having a few dolls,esp. ones that look like My Daughters or Granddaughters. By the way,some exciting news I want to share with You ....I won a free spot in that year long art class...God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Diana : ) Your dolls are just darling.I do love their hair and most of all I love their clothes,what beautiful costuming.Just one more little thing out of so many that We have in common,I do enjoy having a few dolls,esp. ones that look like My Daughters or Granddaughters. By the way,some exciting news I want to share with You ....I won a free spot in that year long art class...God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely doll collection! I used to have quite a collection too! Your dolls are wearing the most adorable clothing! Congrats to your grandson too!
    LInda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dollies! These have sweet faces. Thanks for sharing! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling dollies! When I was a kid I was such a doll girl, than I got into Barbys, but my fav are still regular dolls! Yours are adorable and sweet, like you.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet friend! Your dolls are simply precious! I have a few in my craft room that belonged to my grandmothers and I always think of them when I see them. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post with Roses of Inspiration. Have a lovely week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Diana, your Totsy, and Bella and Billy are just charming. When I read that your GKB surprised you with them, my heart melted! My late beloved hubby would've done something like that.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you