Saturday 29 October 2011

All Blacks win Webb Ellis trophy


All the games and the hype is over and our little country is getting back to normal.
The Rugby World Cup is now part of our history and we are the
2011 World Champions.
Go the
All Blacks


I have to admit though that my GKB and I spent a great part of the start of the tournament in sunny Queensland where we relaxed and soaked up some sun with not much else to do but indulge ourselves.
We took advantage of the cheap air fares and had some great times with some of the Aussie branches of the family. Great catching up with them all.
BUT...We did watch the matches that were shown in Australia - I even watched some of them right through which is certainly saying something, I'm not really a footy fan.


When we got home it was quarter final time, so of course I couldn't help but get caught up in all the hype - the whole country was -  including the thousands of overseas visitors! It's amazing how parochial and patriotic you can become over sport when it looks like your team has a chance of getting to the top. 
It was all very good natured though and hardly a cross word said :D)
And unfortunately it is the nature of the beast for someone to go home disappointed :(
So, CONGRATULATIONS the AB's, well done, good games and a well fought, nail biting final.
France 7
New Zealand  8

We are the champions, we are the champions, of the world ...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting today and for your very sweet comment! I am so pleased that you shared your thoughts about turning 40! I am now feeling a lot happier about it but I was in denial for a while!

    I have to tell you we watched all of the rugby games and I am so glad that NZ won. After everything the country has been through I can't think of a more deserving nation to win the cup!

    Hope you have a great week and thanks again for visiting!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool--I happened to watch one of the play off games and man, that is one tough sport!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you