Sunday 14 July 2024

A birthday

My GKB (good kiwi bloke) had a birthday last week. Youngest daughter visited him on the day with a little gift for him and a silly card.


A couple of days later eldest daughter arrived and gave him a copy of an 87 year old weekly newspaper commemorating the coronation of King George 6th. He laughed at that and hoped she didn't think he was quite that old :)
Some of you older kiwis might remember the old Weekly News. I remember it coming home with grandad when I was a child. I used to love looking at the centre photos.


Son and his wife were away last week so we caught up with them yesterday. Those of us who could went out for lunch together. Unfortunately the girls couldn't come as they were both in different parts of the country for the day.

 

"Would you like to eat western or Chinese?" he was asked. "Chinese would be  nice," was the reply. So the kids picked us up and we headed in to town to the Golden Harvest restaurant.


The food was delicious, we had chicken, beef and pork dishes plus a vege one. Son and daughter in law had steamed chicken feet, we drew the line at that and just watched them enjoy it. Yuk!


I'd like to say I used the chopsticks to eat with but it is about 16 years since I've used them and was a little bit rusty so opted for a knife and fork instead, otherwise we might still have been there! It was a lovely meal out, we all enjoyed it and the company was great.

Have a good week,
Diana

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice week. Chinese sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you can keep the chicken feet! But the Chinese meal sounds nice :)
    And happy birthday to GKB as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy birthday to your kiwi bloke. That's a really nice photo of you two.
    They eat chicken feet here too. I can't stand even seeing the things. The rest of the meal sounds great....with a knife and fork 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday. We ate at an Asian restaurant our last night in Switzerland. We'd traveled to Zurich from Meiringen in order to catch our flight home the next day. The food was delicious but the service was very slow and our table was very hot. Don't know why they chose to sit us there when the inside of the restaurant was empty. I wish I'd spoken up about the table but they made a big deal about the fact we had no reservation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see happy faces. I've never tried chicken feet though but I do like Vietnamese and other asian food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnose of herpes virus year 2010 then my life got devastated i have no idea what I could do with my life anymore until I came across a old friend of mine tiffany whom we study together back then in college, she was an African America I explain to her my current health condition she laughed and say that is not a problem because she know a traditional herbal doctor from African whom will cure me completely with a herbal medicines I wow about the conversation then she gave me the herbal doctor email address drjekawo@gmail.com Dr Jekawo replied my mail and I was so happy and he explained how the treatment will go through 25 days, I agreed I paid the preparation fee of the herbal medicines and I received the herbal product within few weeks after preparation of the herbal medicines, I drink the herbal medicine as instructed I must confess that Dr Jekawo is a great traditional herbal doctor I go for a rapid test I was cured completely then I recommend him to my mom whom suffering from dementia and my husband whom was suffering from prostate cancer also get cured by Dr Jekawo. I want to use this your platform to thank him so much and to also recommend him to anyone suffering from herpes,cancer,fibroid,prostate infection,parkinson,gonorrhea,hiv,chlamydia,hpv,hepatitis and so many diseases Dr Jekawo can cure with his ancestral herbal knowledge is beyond my imagination.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you