Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Update

Good evening, all. I thought I would quickly nip in and tell you where we are at since my last post.


Bob is doing extremely well after the stroke. Within an hour of it happening he was being airlifted from our hospital in Dunedin to Christchurch hospital by helicopter. Their stroke unit is apparently better equipped than the local one and they removed three blood clots from his brain. His right side is affected but he is walking well unaided but having a bit of difficulty with his speech. Our girls drove up the next day so that he had some family support while there.


I spent three days in hospital in Dunedin while they ascertained what was wrong with me but we're both home now with a good support team in place. Bob has carers coming in three times a week to supervise his showers and from next week will have physio and speech therapy. There's also someone coming in once a week to do the heavy housework, but that's probably only temporary - until I recover more. In theory the support is all for Bob as the social worker decided I was well enough to do things for myself without bothering to come and see me. I wasn't impressed.


We both get tired easily and I don't have a lot of energy. A funny story - when Bob's carer left today I decided to go back to bed for an hour as we'd had a busy day yesterday with appointments and I was still tired even after an early night. I had a lovely hour sleeping, got up and dressed and who should arrive but the needs assessor who wanted to see how he managed getting on and off the bed - which I hadn't yet made! Ah well, these things happen and I don't suppose it is the first unmade bed she has seen. 


Thank you so much for the prayers, God has been good in answering them and I am deeply grateful to Him and you all for lifting us up in prayer.
I don't know when my next post will be, things are still a little unsettled.

Take care,
blessings,
Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you