Friday 23 September 2016

The week just gone by

A friend rang me during the weekend to see if I wanted to join her for morning tea at the local art groups' exhibition. I did and we enjoyed seeing the paintings as well as having a good
 chinwag over coffee and cake. Some of the paintings were for sale but we didn't buy anything this time. Mind you there 
were a couple I really rather liked. Really, really liked :)
There are a lot of talented people out there.


And staying with the coffe break theme, my GKB and I went over to Wal's Plantland one afternoon for tomato plants and potting mix. There's a nice cafe cunningly placed at the end of a tunnel/hothouse  and while we didn't buy any extra plants we did enjoy a late afternoon tea which meant I didn't need to cook that evening. Bliss.


Staying with plants, aren't the blossoms on this magnolia magnificent? This tree belongs to a neighbour and 
my GKB had to wander partway up their drive to 
take the photo. Spring is certainly here :)


I took this photo while out walking one day. I love the moody clouds, rain threatened but hasn't happened yet. And that was several days ago. I rather think we may have drought conditions this summer as winter has been rather mild and not a lot of rain.


This is another pic I took while out walking. I had tried to get a shot of a flock of sparrows having a peck at the dirt on the road in front of me but they didn't cooperate with me at all and flew off :) This little thrush wasn't so shy, she just sat there and let me snap away. I love thrushes, their lovely colour and speckles on the breast. So cute.


Just to finish off  we went outside one evening and found we had this little fellow visiting us. He didn't stay long once he realised he had company. It's amazing how fast hedgehogs can run when they get up on those little legs and start to move.



Joining Amy and friends for
Five on Friday
and
Friday Foto Friends

21 comments:

  1. I had to wonder why you were looking at tomato plants to buy until I remember that you are down under from me. Some lovely photos from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring pics! That little hedgehog is so cute! People keep them as pets here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hedgehog is cute♥ Nice photos♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely five! How wonderful to have the hedgehog visit your garden, we haven't had one in our garden for ages:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your season turns to spring, we turn to fall. So far it is still pretty warm here but the mums and the pumpkins are in the stores now so I plan to purchase some for my front porch. I will start to put my flower bed to sleep for the winter. My impatiens are getting leggy so they will go bye bye and they might be replaced with some pansies. I could picture you and your friend having a cuppa and a chinwag. I love that expression!! So glad to hear from you. I hope your little mother is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've had a fun, busy week. I'm a hedgehog lover so that picture is just gorgeous! They don't have them here in America.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got out to the art exhibition and to the garden centre. It's good to take a break and both places are the ones that appeal to me even if it's just to browse and have refreshments. The magnolia is pretty and a lovely sign of Spring for you. I wonder if the hedgehog has just come out of hibernation? Anyway - very cute. I hope your mother is doing better with her health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear little hedgehog, I bet it soon scurried away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is good to see that spring is springing for you and coming your way! The magnolia is beautiful isn't it. Thank you for joining Five On Friday, lovely to see you, have a good weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to see a hedgehog when out and about...yours looked so cute, and the Magnolia is magnificent. I'm glad you have been having some happy visits and wanderings and hope your Spring continues to bloom beautifully with no drought to come! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How funny - that hedgehog! I always love to see where you've been. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eyes are going bad on me. I thought the hedgehog was a mushroom! The magnolia tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of early spring in your corner down under. The magnolia tree is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, yes, this time of year is full of wonder! Things have started blooming so early and I'm excited to see what comes up in my garden! Your photo from your walk are really nice to see. Sometimes, we miss the little things when we are out and about. We have a hedgehog that shows up occasionally and I can't help but giggle when it 'runs' across the grass!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love pictures that show parts of our daily lives and the area where friends live. We don't have hedgehogs where I live. I'm so sorry to be so late in visiting, but I'm so happy you linked up. Yesterday got away from me. Do you ever have days like that? 😊 Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I've never seen a real hedgehog! That is so cool, and the magnolia blooms are absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely day to spend with your friend.
    Great pictures and love the hedgehog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful pictures of a wonderful week for you! I love how it is spring where you live. We are just entering fall but your post gives me hope that spring will return before you know it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a wonderful day out. The cafe looks like so much fun.
    I have been reading about hedgehogs and here is your photo of one, you are so lucky to have one (?) in your yard.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! I am wondering where you live that you are going into Spring, we just started Fall/Autumn. I hope you continue to share nature pictures to get me through the winter! And that hedgehog is SO CUTE! I wish we had them around here.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, that little hedgehog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you